State of Liberty Spring Retreat
May 5th & 6th
Would you like to restore your health, happiness and freedom?
Would you like to create a lifestyle that supports you day-to-day, month-to-month, season-to-season and year-to-year, positively contributing to your future health, wellbeing and happiness?
It’s worth deciding to give time and space to the actions that make you feel alive because the conscious choice to live in your skin is an act of love.
This is what living in a State of Liberty means to us.
How are you?
- Are you overwhelmed by obligations and responsibilities at work and/or at home and you want to learn how to slow down and take better care of yourself?
- Are you being pushed and pulled in too many different directions? Do you need help to regain focus and prioritise your own wellbeing?
- Are you too busy, too tired or too stressed to nurture yourself?
- Do you struggle to prioritise your own needs?
- Would you benefit from gentle encouragement to help you overcome deep-rooted resistance to self-care?
- Do you struggle with a short or long-term health condition and find it difficult to travel to a retreat or outside class?
- Are you an introvert and would prefer to practise in the comfort of your home?
What if you were able to make a sustainable habit out of feeling nourished, rested, and energised?
What is an online wellbeing retreat?
Our online retreats incorporate six key elements – yoga, food, meditation, mindfulness, pampering, and sleep – all of which have been carefully designed to complement each other, helping you adopt a holistic approach to your own wellbeing.
Produced in collaboration with a team of leading wellbeing experts, our innovative multi-media retreats are delivered via a beautiful, user-friendly website specifically designed to be clear, calm and intuitive.
Creating a nurturing space in your own home can be incredibly powerful, and our retreats help you achieve this, carving out time to mindfully prepare your surroundings for comfort and rest.
The Beauty and Benefits of Retreating at Home
- Time and space to nurture yourself, regain focus and improve your clarity of thought.
- Feel calm, relaxed, grounded and well rested.
- Feel a deeper connection to your own mind and body.
- Inspiration to help create an environment to support your wellbeing practices every day.
- Guidance and support from our team of wellbeing experts.
- Practice wellbeing at your own pace and in the comfort of your home.
- Connect to like-minded people in our dedicated in-house forum.
- Create a wellbeing lifestyle that reflects your unique values and perfectly suits your individual needs.
Deciding to tend to your own needs for rest, nourishment, sleep and reflection means you will return to the world refreshed, with new energy and ideas. You will have more capacity for your work and the care of others.
Six wellbeing elements carefully chosen for your weekend retreat
SOL yoga expert Clem Balfour has created a series of yoga sequences for the retreat, ensuring each session is easy to follow and suitable for all skill levels.
- In the morning, you’ll have the option of a 30 minute energising session or a slower, 30 minute restorative sequence. If you prefer, you’ll also have the freedom to combine the two.
- At the end of the day, there will be a gentle 20 minute sequence to help you prepare for a good night’s sleep.
- You will receive a total of 1 hour and 20 minutes of yoga videos designed to help you establish a home yoga practice.
Clem will be available all weekend to offer you support and answer any questions you may have.
‘Clem has a wonderfully gentle teaching style, the bedtime routine was my absolute favourite.’
Through Clem’s gentle yoga you will experience the self-care of movement: stretching and moving through poses that create both a physical strength and trust in our bodies.
Clem is on a mission to break down barriers and make yoga more accessible for everyone.
You can read more about Clem and her wellbeing story here.
We are what we eat; nutrition, health and wellbeing are intrinsically linked
Our holistic chef Lizzie and SOL nutritionist Florence have created a spring menu to nourish and support your body.
Along with inspirational cooking videos, we’ll share nutritional information and expert tips for creating a holistic kitchen at home.
Ahead of the retreat, you’ll receive a beautiful set of printed recipe cards and a detailed shopping list covering all the ingredients you’ll need.
Quick, simple and easy to prepare, the recipes can be adapted to suit your personal tastes and dietary needs.
By connecting to our food we make choices based on our unique needs and tastes, nourishing our bodies to feel happy and vital
You will receive:
- 4 x cooking videos to help you prepare delicious meals for your weekend.
- 25 x gluten, dairy and sugar free seasonal recipes, all quick and easy to make, adaptable and highly nutritious.
- Lizzie and Florence will be available in the forum all weekend to answer any questions you may have on the recipes, cooking or nutrition.
Lizzie is the founder of State of Liberty and also your holistic chef for the weekend.
Lizzie has worked as a nutritionist and holistic chef on wellbeing retreats around the world, gaining valuable knowledge and experience supporting people during their own wellbeing journeys.
You can read more about Lizzie and her wellbeing story here.
Flo is an experienced health and nutrition coach who helps people use food to reach optimum health. Here is her secret:
‘’I am inspired at all times by transformation. Whether I’m witnessing the first blossoms appear on the trees, or I’m relishing the taste and vibrational change when I’ve added certain ingredients to a dish; or even just feeling my heart rate slow, my muscles relax and my imagination expand when I take time out to just “be.”
‘OMG Lizzie, you are a recipe goddess! I know this says a lot about my own prejudices but I was really not expecting to find vegan food particularly pleasurable, let alone deeply joyful!’
Gemma David, SOL meditation, mindfulness and sleep expert is committed to helping people achieve a state of balance between the body and mind.
She believes that through cultivating a practice of meditation we naturally learn to become more mindful each day. Her approach is one of wellbeing for real life, the skills she teaches can used practically and easily incorporated into your daily routine. By becoming more mindful, we can improve our relationships, cultivate creativity, increase quality of sleep, encourage openness to learning and nurture general feelings of happiness.
You can read more about Gemma and her wellbeing story here.
Gemma has created an audio series of guided meditations. They’re simple and clear, designed for both beginners and seasoned meditators, and have been intentionally scheduled throughout the weekend to help you focus, relax, sleep and reflect.
You will gain the basic skills to begin your own meditation practice.
1 x 15 minute candlelight meditation for reflection
2 x 10 minute mindfulness meditations
1 x 15 minute sleep meditation
‘I’ve LOVED it. Each session has felt like a warm bath. Gemma’s style is authentic, plain-speaking and not too flowery, her tone is the perfect balance between nourishment and pragmatism in terms of recognising how we might be doing in the meditation without intimidating goals.’
Mindfulness connects each of the different elements included in our online wellbeing retreats and each element is greatly enhanced when approached mindfully.
We believe wellbeing can be found in the smallest interactions with all that surrounds you, a sense of calm can arise from the simple act of being present.
- The retreat features 2 x 15 minute mindfulness meditations.
- The first is designed to help you connect with yourself and your home.
- The second, a candlelight meditation, will allow you to focus on your wellbeing practices and set intentions to integrate them into everyday life once the retreat is over.
We’ll also provide inspiration and ideas about mindfully preparing your home and creating comfortable spaces to enjoy the full range of wellbeing practices
‘I’m really keen to integrate the exercise and cultivate little moments of stillness and mindfulness into my day to help deal with stresses and unpredictability.’
Sleep is the restorative element, this powerful process helps our bodies heal, but is often compromised when life is busy, stressful or when caring for others.
The retreat schedule has been carefully designed to prepare you for deep and restful sleep.
A luxurious pamper session followed by bedtime yoga and a sleep meditation is the perfect combination to help you relax and unwind before bed.
You will receive:
- Expert advice and inspiration to help you create a calm environment for sleep and relaxation.
- A bedtime ritual with a focused journaling exercise
- 15 minute sleep meditation
‘I can’t remember the last time I was in bed and asleep by 10pm, I feel awesome! The meditation before bed was so relaxing and I woke up refreshed and ready for yoga.’
The pampering element of our spring retreat will empower you to carve out time for yourself, slow down, relax and be kind to both your mind and body.
SOL Pamper Box
Before the retreat, you’ll receive a luxurious pamper box containing everything you need for a restful and restorative pamper session in your own home.:
- Our carefully designed spring blend of essential oils.
- An apothecary of organic base ingredients: 500g of epsom salts, 50ml of coconut carrier oil and 40ml of white Kaolin face clay.
- A collection of simple recipes for homemade beauty products.
- Instructions for your pamper session.
- State of Liberty scented candle.
SOL expert Pen McKinley-Rodgers has created the spring essential oil blend to support, encourage and nurture you as you undertake your wellbeing practices. It will also provide the perfect fragrant backdrop for your weekend retreat.
Pen has an incredible amount of plant knowledge and wisdom to share.
She believes that inner health is reflected as outer beauty and nature can provide us with many holistic solutions for our health and wellbeing.
You can read more about Pen and her wellbeing story here.
The SOL spring Blend is made from organic essential oils and carefully designed to support you through this season.
Lemon is an immune system stimulant and protects and nourishes the liver while giving an uplifting and cleansing aroma that expands our energy and reduces tension.
Sweet Orange unblocks and circulates stagnant energy.
Lavender encourages balance in all our body systems and is a tonic for body and mind, restoring vitality and is perfect as we come out of hibernation to greet Spring!
It is a time of upward, expansive energy, growth and new beginnings, it is perfect for planning, creating new routines and connecting.
In order to benefit from the natural vibrancy of the season, it’s important we align ourselves with our natural rhythms, seasonal influences and support and nourish ourselves.
Spring is prime for cleansing and letting go of any stagnant energy that has accumulated over the long winter months.
Our retreats have been designed to support you season to season.
Support and community
You’ll be able to connect with fellow participants via our dedicated online forum, creating a powerful communal experience for everyone involved. The SOL team will also be available throughout to answer any questions, offer support and provide gentle encouragement.
Sas Petherick, our forum facilitator, will be available all weekend to guide, encourage and support you.
She will also be hosting the wellbeing discussions:
- 1 x 1 hour session talking about wellbeing and resistance
- 1 x 1 hour session talking about how to integrate wellbeing into your life after the retreat.
Sas specialises in coaching and supporting women to make sense of their self-doubt, and help them to navigate through it. Sas’ work is transformative in helping you cultivate self-belief, self-trust and self-acceptance – the basis for emotional wellbeing.
You can read more about Sas and her wellbeing story here.
Find Your State of Liberty
Whether you’re a complete beginner or an experienced yogi, a master chef or cooking novice, our retreats are carefully designed to suit people with varying levels of knowledge and experience.
We believe the desire to know something, feeling curious and approaching the world with a sense of wonder fuels your wellbeing journey.
All the learning along the way cultivates inner wisdom and positively impacts your overall health.
Join us May 5th & 6th.
Our spring retreat costs £350.00
(Includes £50.00 SOL Pamper Box)
You will be able to book a place up until the 26th of April.
There is no expectation or pressure for you to complete everything over the course of one weekend, you will have ongoing access to all of the retreat content listed above, the forum and continued support and inspiration from the team.
If you have any other questions about our online wellbeing retreats please feel free to contact email@example.com
We would love you to join us!
Love the SOL Team xx
The retreat takes place on the bank holiday weekend, you can retreat at home on Saturday and Sunday and still have Monday off!
One week before the retreat we will send you your retreat schedule, luxury organic pamper box and your shopping list so you have some time to prepare.
The schedule for your weekend retreat has been designed to be flexible with time for rest and relaxation.
The wellbeing practices will become available in the morning, the afternoon and the evening and are designed to take you on a gentle and powerful retreat experience.
You will need:
- laptop, tablet or smartphone
For the yoga, meditation and mindfulness elements:
- A quiet space where you won’t be interrupted
- A yoga mat and a blanket
- Essential oil diffuser or tealight oil burner
- A journal
For the food element:
- One week before the retreat, you’ll receive a detailed shopping list. Depending on whether you opt for organic produce, the food budget is estimated to be between £40 and £60. Many of the items we suggest will be essentials for stocking your food cupboard and you may already have some of the ingredients
- Some of the recipes will require a blender
For the pamper element:
- A bath or foot bath
For the sleep element:
- Fresh linen